Polygiene works in partnership with many of the leading outdoor and sports brands, for example- Patagonia, Sherpa, Lowe Alpine, Vaude, Rab and Sprayway- just to name a few. We reveal how Polygiene’s technology works and what is actually does:
Science Behind Polygiene
Whilst taking part in physical activities your body naturally sweats. The cooling and heat dispersing actions of up to 2.6 million sweat glands in the average human body are essential to help us perform and keep us comfortable. Sweat is natural and odorless but mixed with textiles it creates a moist and warm environment which is ideal for odor causing bacteria to multiply and grow.
Polygiene prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria and fungi at the source, permanently. To do this Polygiene uses low concentrations of silver salt (silver chloride), which has antimicrobial properties and is naturally present in water and soil, to safely eliminate the ability for bacteria and fungi to grow.
The permanent treatment is applied at the finishing stages of textile production and field and lab tests show a high level of odor control beyond the usual lifespan of a garment. This lifespan odor control is possible as the technology is bound and permanently integrated in the fabric and will not wash out.
Polygiene silver salt technology is only active on the textiles itself and with a heritage in the healthcare sector Polygiene has applied its expertise and testing to ensure that there is no affect on the natural bacterial flora of the skin.
Polygiene Fast Facts
- Polygiene prevents the growth of odor-causing bacteria and fungi at the source
- Polygiene is only active on the textiles itself and does not interfere with the skins natural bacterial flora
- Polygiene odor control will not wash out as the technology is bound and permanently integrated in the fabric
What are the benefits of Polygiene?
Your garments, footwear and gear will:
- Stay Fresh – Polygiene inhibits the growth of odor-causing bacteria for that fresh-all-day feeling. Odor develops when bacteria settles into the fabric, mixes with sweat and multiplies.
- Stay Hygienic – Less bacteria and fungi in footwear, wetsuits and gear helps prevent fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot and other skin irritations.
- Be Eco-friendly – Polygiene-treated clothing can be worn for longer periods of time before laundering is required. Therefore less energy, water and detergent are used. When travelling or hiking, you can pack less clothing and travel light with less luggage.
- Be Permanently Treated – Polygiene treatment is guaranteed to last the lifetime of the garment, footwear or gear.
- Last Longer – Fibers don’t break down as quickly without bacteria and excessive washing.
For more information, visit: www.polygiene.com