Following finalist products being on display to 50,000 consumers at The Outdoor Adventure & Camping Show and voting for their favourite products, the winners of this year’s UK Outdoor Industry Awards were announced on 15th March at the OIA Conference Gala Dinner in Harrogate.
The winners across the ten categories are as follows:
- Accessories – Trekmates: Mountain Pod
- Backpacks/Travel Luggage – Lowe Alpine: Ascent Superlight
- Camping Equipment – Aquaforno: Piccoloforno
- Clothing – Rab: Kinetic Plus
- Climbing Equipment – Edelrid: Bulletproof
- Digital Product – OS Maps by Ordnance Survey
- Footwear – Hanwag: Cameros Wide
- Family – Vango: AirHub Hex Gazebo
- Sleeping – Snugpak: Cocoon
- Tents – MSR: Access 2 Backcountry
From these ten winners, the panel of expert judges (including specialist outdoor retailers and journalists), selected Lowe Alpine’s Ascent Superlight pack as the overall Product of the Year!
One of the judges, Jon Doran of OutdoorsMagic said: “It’s a pared-down distillation of everything Lowe Alpine has learned about pack-making over the past 50 years. Light and tough with some genuinely innovative touches, but not at the expense of real world usefulness. And it looks really cool too.”
Online Voting was the final stage of the 2017 awards process, where over 100 entries in ten categories were shortlisted by a panel of expert judges (including specialist outdoor retailers and journalists) in September at the Outdoor Trade Show (OTS 2016), the UK’s largest outdoor trade exhibition.
Not only were outdoor enthusiasts able to vote for their favourite finalists online, but the products were also on display at the Outdoor Adventure & Camping Show in February (16th – 19th) 2017, where the finalist products from all ten categories were displayed to over 50,000 consumers within a dedicated area at the venue, ExCel, London.