INVISTA’s CORDURA® brand has been recognised by ISPO Textrends 2019 for the fifth year running for outstanding innovation, with fabrics awarded by a jury of international industry experts based on the opportunities they present for designers and product managers. Comprised of a wide portfolio of forward-looking technologies, this year’s winners aligned with three of the key textile trends identified by the ISPO Textrends team as shaping the global market for autumn/winter 2020-2021.
ISPO Textrend ‘Gravistas’ – the desire to get far more out of outdoor gear
‘Gravitas’ spotlights durable lightweight fabrics that deliver the high-tenacity appeal, enhancement and protection of their heavier predecessors, but with new dynamics.
- CORDURA® 4EVER™ knit fabric from Yoonia was awarded ‘Best Product’ in the Second Layer category. Made with 100 percent synthetic yarns, this soft-yet-strong, technical mid-layer fabric delivers long-lasting durable performance and power for technical hoodies for running, climbing, hiking and other active outdoor applications.
According to ISPO Textrends, “Fabrics such as these are in harmony with the megatrends that provide a good vision of where the future of textiles will take us.”
ISPO Textrend ‘Altruistic’ – remastering tradition for today
‘Altruistic’ honours traditional processes and ingredients that have been re-imagined in new ways to create cleaner, more efficient products and more sustainable concepts.
- CORDURA® 4EVER™ NYCO knit fabric from Yoonia was selected as a ‘Top 10’ product in the Second Layer category. This fabric provides a traditional, natural look with enhanced abrasion resistance, and is made from an intimate blend of INVISTA T420 nylon 6,6 with cotton. In meeting the award criteria, CORDURA® 4EVER™ NYCO knit fabric demonstrates how natural and synthetic fibres continue their hybridised journey, bringing together the best of both worlds to create harmonious results.
ISPO Textrend ‘Disruption’ – blazing new trails
‘Disruption’ nods to fundamental forms of the past, enhanced with a rebellious streak and avant-garde twist.
- CORDURA® TrueLock™ fabric in the new Wolf Gray shade won in the Soft Equipment category – a durable, sustainable option for bags, packs and accessories. The process of colour encapsulation used in CORDURA® TrueLock™ fibre offers several environmental benefits such as reduced water and energy consumption*, and reduced dye and chemical usage in textile processing. With colour-fastness locked in at the fibre level, excellent shade consistency, long-lasting vibrancy and UV strength stability are also made possible.
- CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics from HuaMao and U-Long were ‘Top 10’ winners in the Street Sports and Second Layer categories. CORDURA® Naturalle™ fabrics are outer layer fabrics designed for active endurance sports apparel worn in the urban jungle or on the mountain slopes. Weighing in at less than 200gsm, these lightweight, durable fabrics offer a high strength-to-weight ratio and enhanced resistance to tensile tear and abrasions.
- CORDURA® AFT fabrics from Tiong Liong Corporation were Soft Equipment category ‘Top 10’ winners. Designed for the footwear of the future, these fabric technologies offer lightweight, breathable knit/3D mesh fabric constructions that combine tactile and optical appeal with enhanced durability and long-lasting performance.
“We are honoured to be recognised at ISPO Textrends for our latest fabric technologies,” said Cindy McNaull, Global CORDURA® Business Development Director. “We work to develop fabrics that are not only creative from a technical standpoint, but that elicit an emotional connection between the end-user and final product. By building durable bonds with our supply chain partners and collectively listening to the voices of our customers, we remain dedicated to developing innovative, on-trend, durable fabric solutions including the exciting array of CORDURA® fabrics recognised in this year’s ISPO Textrends awards which are helping to pave the way for a new generation of consumer products in 2020-2021.”
To learn more about the ISPO Textrends award-winning CORDURA® fabrics, end-use products and marketing tools, please visit www.CORDURA.com
*2013 LCA study based on the average comparison of conventional level acid Piece Dyeing to SDN at 3 independent/3rd party dyeing and finishing mills.